What we did
The University of Falmouth's 5 year strategic plan (2015-2020) stated:
"We believe that our academic portfolio must be driven by market demand, must address the challenges of greater competition for students, and must reflect the changing, industrial and professional opportunities that beckon our graduates in the wider, global, creative economy. We believe that we will grow and thrive by offering a comprehensive range of authentic provision in creative subjects, available on-campus, online or in blended form, and through collaborative partnerships."
To help address these challenges, CEG Digital partnered with Falmouth to launch an initial suite of 5 creative online MAs to a global audience. This full-service collaboration with Falmouth included:
- Provision of academic content creation services
- Administration and management of Falmouth’s virtual learning environment
- Recruitment, training and monitoring of tutors to deliver Falmouth’s online course content
- Provision of pastoral care advisors for all non-academic student support
- Admissions services
- Marketing and recruitment activities
Hear from Falmouth University's Product Development Manager:
An ongoing success story
Following the success of the first 5 courses, our collaboration with Falmouth has now expanded to offer the following online programmes:
- MAs in Photography (plus Photography Top-Up), Creative Event Management, Marketing and Digital Communications, Indie Game Development, User Experience Design, Writing for Script and Screen, Illustration, Graphic Design, Comedy Writing and Journalism;
- A Greener Festival Assessor Training;
- Attitude is Everything Disability Training for the Live Events Industry.
We have recruited students from 42 different countries to date, demonstrating outstanding diversity by nationality on the programmes. We are proud to have a market-leading retention rate and to receive exceptional feedback on our courses.
"As a working photographer it's difficult to dedicate a year or two years to doing a course so I needed to do something that was flexible, that I could do around my own work. The Flexible MA at Falmouth was the perfect choice."
MA Photography (online) student
Want to see examples of Falmouth students' work?
Discover Falmouth Flexible's Journal of MA Photography (online):
Take a look at the Falmouth Flexible website: